Thursday, February 28, 2013

And that's a wrap on the house

Dad signed the closing papers for his house yesterday, and the other guy signed early this morning. When I drove over today to pick up the last of Dad's stuff, there was already a big-ass crane there, with a crew removing a good many of the trees:

The worst was a big pine tree in the back yard with huge branches overhanging the roof, but the entire back yard was really a jungle. (I looked at it on Google Maps the other day from above, and it looked like a rain forest. You could barely see the house!) The funny thing is that it was an empty field when my parents moved in-- but they planted a lot of trees, and trees can grow really, really big in a half century!

I feel a little sad seeing my childhood home going on to a different family, but it's going to be a nice little house once it's renovated (the buyer was bubbling over with enthusiasm as he showed me the siding and roofing he'd picked out-- he really enjoys making houses come back to life, and it shows). I'm mostly relieved all the selling and the moving is over. I never need make that drive again unless I want to. After making the drive at least twice a week for the past three years, I'm pretty tired of it!

Anyway, I'm finally coming to the point of this post. Yes, I did have a point! I wanted to have Innocent up today, but that's not going to happen. I'm going to dig in and finish it in the next couple of days, and then get Illumination finished too. There will be a long excerpt up for Innocent tomorrow, though. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment