Sunday, April 7, 2013

Helloooooo, muscle car

Today I stepped out of Panera's and found a muscle car that could have easily belonged to Stephen Dominick. It was a beautifully restored 1968 Camaro SS 350 (and I know it was a 1968 not because of my vast knowledge, but because the license plate helpfully labeled it 68 Camy), painted, I believe, Matador Red. I was rather horrified to see someone driving it instead of keeping it in a garage (I could have easily dribbled Mountain Dew on it by accident!), but when I got home and looked it up, it appears that the car is "only" worth $20,000... which still strikes me as a lot for a car that's almost as old as I am. There must have been a lot of them produced. Nevertheless, it was a stunning car, and when I hit it rich, I'm going to buy one:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment