Thursday, March 28, 2013

How ILLUMINATION is going

Illumination is now officially the longest book in the Dominance series. I refused to knock off work this morning till I'd passed 15,000 words. I have the structure all laid out, and most of the major scenes, but I have to go back and fill in. Ordinarily my writing habit is to write the story more or less from the beginning to the end, editing as I go along, and then edit and edit and edit some more. But with this one, I got a minor block on a love scene (a sex scene in a romance has to have an emotional component, or it isn't worth writing, and I couldn't figure out quite what I wanted the emotional facet of this one to be), so I skipped ahead, and then I found myself skipping still further ahead to the end.

So I have two or three more scenes to fill in, and a few other things to address that were raised elsewhere in the series, as well as a whole lot of editing. By the time I'm done filling in and editing, I'm reasonably certain it will be at least 20,000 words (but the price will still be $1.99-- it's not my readers' fault I'm wordy!). I'll keep whacking away at it, and hopefully I can get up another excerpt by tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment